School Blog

Monday 1 May 2017

Question 7 Evaluation-Looking back at my preliminary task what do I feel I have learnt in the progression from it?


Question 7 Evaluation by Slidely Slideshow


This Slidely Slideshow shows the comparisons from my school magazine and also my music magazine. You can see the skills I have developed whilst making the products and also the improvement from my school magazine to my music magazine. I have learnt about how to layout my products in the correct way which will make my products appealing to people, I have also learnt how the colours used in the magazine is very important and also the fonts used as this can make my magazine a professional standard. I think one thing I have developed is how a photo can affect the quality of the magazine. I had to take time in getting the right location which I found tough but I feel like I eventually got there.

On Sketch, there were many different tools which I was able to use which made my products look professional. The tool I used the most was the shadow tool on the text. This is because it made the text on my products stand out more. I also used the crop tool a lot as I needed to edit my photos for my products. I used Photoshop for my front cover as i changed the background from a brick wall to a background which I created myself. I used this because I felt like it would look more professional than a brick wall. The colour scheme which I used was very important as the colours need to go with each other and also attract customers. I went for a colour scheme of red, white and black as I felt like these colours would be appealing to my target audience. As you can see, this is shown across all three products.

I have also learnt how to take a photo properly. I spent a long time taking over one hundred photos for my music magazine as I wanted to get a professional looking photo which I could use for my music magazine. I learnt how to hold a camera properly and also the different shots which I could use. A shot I used frequently is a medium close up shot. I feel like this shot works the best for my music magazine so I used it the most. I also used different locations for my photos to be taken. I needed to plan the location as it needs to fit the genre of music I am doing. I used a dark tunnel which I used for my model who is rapper as it links together as people assume rappers being in ally ways and in tunnels. I spent more time taking photos for my music magazine compared to my school magazine.

I have made many improvements from my school magazine to my music magazine and I feel like the changes are obvious. I spent a lot more time making my products for my music magazine as I spent a huge amount of time doing the layout for my products which meant I made sure all the text was in line with everything and that made my products a higher standard compared to my school magazine which I didn't spend ant time thinking about the layout for my products. I also used different fonts which made my magazine look a higher standard instead of standard fonts which everybody can access as they are already on Sketch. I took time on websites looking for fonts which would fit my style of music and I feel the fonts I used fitted my style of music for my magazine. You can see that a lot of time has been spent in making my music magazine products and not on my school magazine products which shows I have improved my skills in using Sketch which I used to make my products.



No comments:

Post a Comment